Monday, December 26, 2005

kk

Naan Desu Ka~!!

our Very own bread Naan is very popular in Japan.
My Dad told me to get few naanz as well.
anywayy..i didntt kneww wheree it was keptt...Dad told me butt the storee wass big enoughh... I was also hesitant to ask the attendant. I had just started my Japanese language class and I was not prepared to take out all my language weapons at that time.

But I have to eat itt...............I searched a lot in that store but.. I was seeing everything else but Naan.
Camee backk...n my Dad iss lookin at mee.. you gott every otherr thingg other thann naan..hahah..
I learned the Japanese for “what is this?” ,“how much is this?” and “where is this?”.How much (is this) – “Ikura desu ka”Where (is this) – “Doko desu ka”What (is this) – “Nan desu Ka”. Joiningg the last two sentences to ask for Naan (see the similarity between Naan and NAN ("What", in Japanese).So if you want to ask where Naan is, call the attendant and ask him:“NAAN doko desu ka”

nextt dayy I havee to gett NaaN...noww i was very confident. I know Japanese and I know what I want.

So go there, ask him, get it and get out.
Simple!
I entered the store.
I went to the food section.
I didn’t bother to search for Naan once again..hehe

I called the attendant.
I need Naan and I have to ask him where is Naan.
So what I need to ask is “NAAN Doko Desu ka?"
What is the problem?....just ask him.

I asked him:“NAN desu ka” ("Nan desu ka" means What is this?-what I wanted to ask was "NAAN doko desu ka"-but.......I know Japanese.....!!!!!)

He stared at me………….For him, here is a foreigner who called him with some authority and I-know-everything-well-attitude…..he was too busy; still he showed his dedication and immediately came to that foreigner to help him out………….and the foreigner is asking him……."What is this???"!!!!What is What…………………??I again asked him…….. "Nan desu ka"…………He again stared at me.I didn’t realize the problem. For me, I wanted Naan and I was asking that…….

but why is he staring at me??
He is supposed to show where the Naan is! Anyway, I did my part well. I asked him what I wanted and now it is totally his job to cater my needs. I can do only this much (and my stock of Japanese words are already over). What else can I do? I also stared at him.Our staring competition continued for a while.

anywayy i just saidd Naan~!!n gesturinn wheree with my bothh handz..hehhe... Naan……….

n afterrall he gott watt i wantedd....
heheheh~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I .want. chocolate.

NoW!!

2 hours cookbook at 9:17:00 PM

0comments

0 TidBitS

Post a Comment